Cotton is breathable!!!! That is, the air flows through the fibres allowing it to breath unlike its synthetic or oil-based nemesis! It is perfect for clothing worn close to the skin as its conductive properties keep the body cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Some of the benefits that are hard to pass up:
- ‘Kids just wanna have fun!’ and cotton stands up to the dirt test again and again – it is both practical and durable, those little cotton fibres are pretty tough!
- And after a hard day’s play, just throw them in the washing machine and your work is done! Cotton is one of the easiest fabrics to care for – just be sure to follow the care instructions for optimal results.
- Being breathable means it doesn’t retain odours – so more wear, wash less (sounding pretty good to me!).
- Cotton is not clingy! It is soft, absorbent and breathable and as it can’t hold an electric charge, your cotton clothes won’t cling or stick to you and irritate your skin. The absorbency of cotton keeps the moisture away from the skin. In fact, cotton is so absorbent it can hold up to 27 times its own weight in water!
- Versatility is the key! Cotton can be woven or knitted into a whole range of fabrics such as chambray, lace, corduroy, jersey and terry, so no matter whether it is work, sleep or play – cotton has your back!
I reckon we have ‘cottoned on’ to something pretty cool here. In addition to these fantastic benefits, organic cotton offers even more – read all about it in our blog ‘what’s so great about organic cotton’.
Feel free to browse our store and check out our ‘Cute As’ 100% Organic Cotton products.
Kate & Kim